|Categories of Personal Information||Purpose of collecting the Personal Information||Specific Personal Information that may be collected||Categories of sources from which the personal information is collected||Is this category of Personal Information shared with third parties?||Categories of third parties with which the Personal Information may be shared||Purpose of disclosing or sharing Personal Information|
|Identifiers||To uniquely identify an individual in support of business activities||Name, birthdate, mailing address, email address, and telephone number; financial payment information; IP address; account information||From you, social media providers, data aggregators, public databases||Yes||Service Providers||Business processes|
|Commercial Information||To support business transactions||Bank account details, contact information, transaction history||Your transactions with us||Yes||Service Providers (Shipping companies)||Business processes|
|Network Activity||To allow access to and optimize our websites||IP address, login data, browser type and version, URL, search queries, preferences information||From you and third party tracking technologies||No (but we may share aggregated statistical or demographic data with our service providers)||Service Providers, Google Analytics||Improve website functionality, services|
|Geolocation Data||Personalization||Unique identifiers and your location and ZIP code||From you and your devices||No||N/A||N/A|
|Inferences||Personalization||Your product or service preferences based on responses to our own or our third party’s marketing or promotions||From you and external data sources||In limited circumstances||Marketing partners||Marketing|
How we collect Personal Information
We may collect personal information about you in several ways, including:
From you. We may collect personal information from you when you create an account or purchase online, contact us with questions, provide feedback regarding our products, or answer questions about your product interests. You may also provide us with personal information when responding to a third party’s or our own emails, newsletters, surveys, or other marketing or promotions.
From others. We may collect personal information about you from social media providers, data aggregators, and public databases.
From automated tracking technologies.We and our third party partners, such as advertising partners, marketing partners, and service providers, use certain technologies, such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering our website, tracking users’ movements around our website and to gather demographic information about our user base. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual, as well as aggregated basis.
You may be able to disable cookies by changing a setting in your web browser. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all the Services' features.
We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs), such as HTML5 to store content information and preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs.
California law requires that we disclose whether or not we recognize and honor user browsers signals to not be tracked. If you wish not to have this information used for the purpose of serving you targeted ads, you may opt-out by clicking here. Customers from the European Union may alter their advertising preferences here. Please note that this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads.
Other Ways We Use the Information We Collect About You
We may also use the personal information we collect about you in the ways described below.
- Surveys, Sweepstakes, and Message Boards.We may use personal information to enable you to participate in features such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes, and message boards. We may use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys or sweepstakes; if so, that company will be prohibited from using our users’ personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
- Protection of Individual's Vital Interests.In emergency situations, we will use or share your information when doing so is necessary to protect an interest that is essential for an individual’s life.
- Other Legitimate Interests.We will use and disclose your information when necessary for Vitamin World’s legitimate interests, as long as such interests are not overridden by our users’ interests, rights, and freedoms with respect to their personal information.
Information We Share
Our affiliates may share personal information among themselves. We will not share your personal information in ways other than as outlined in this policy. In addition, we may share personal information with other entities in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers. We may share your personal information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host websites, manage databases, perform analyses, send communications for us, process payments on our behalf, ship your orders, provide you with live chat service, or provide certain other components of websites).
- Analytics. We may allow third parties to collect your personal information in order to provide us with analytics. For instance, the Services may use analytics tools provided by Google to help us understand how people use the Services. You can learn more about how Google collects and uses information as a part of its tools at http://www.google.com/analytics/.
- Marketing Partners. If you do not want us to share your personal information with these partners, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Legal Process. We may disclose your personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process in response to a request for cooperation from law enforcement or another government agency, and to comply with our other legal obligations.
- Transactions. We may share personal information in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale, assignment, divestiture, merger, bankruptcy, consolidation, reorganization, liquidation, or other transfer of the business or its assets. We will notify you via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- Other Circumstances. As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
Information Collected from Visitors Outside the United States
If you are using the Services from outside the United States and provide us with personal information, please note that your personal information will be transferred, stored, and processed in the United States. The data protection laws in the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in your country of residence. By doing business or interacting with the Company and the Services, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information to facilities located in the United States and other facility locations selected by the Company.
We Provide You Choices
You can subscribe to receive marketing offers or solicitations from us through email by clicking here. Please note that these requests may take up to 10 days to be effective. If you prefer to not receive marketing emails from us, please click here or contact us at email@example.com.
Please note that your request to not receive marketing emails from us will not apply to messages that you request or that are not commercial in nature. For example, we may contact you concerning any purchases you have made with us, even if you opt out of receiving marketing messages
If you have established a user account in connection with one of the Services, you may be able to review and request changes to some information that the company maintains about us at you through your account settings or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request for access within 30 days.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you the Services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your personal information to provide you the Services, contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How to Withdraw Your Consent
At any time, you may withdraw your consent to Vitamin World using, disclosing, or otherwise processing your personal information. You may withdraw your consent by contacting Vitamin World as provided below or, if applicable, following the instructions in our communication to you.
Please note that your withdrawal of consent to process certain personal information about you (1) may limit our ability to deliver the Services to you, (2) does not affect the lawfulness of our processing activities based on your consent before its withdrawal; and (3) may not result in immediate modification, updating, or deletion of any personal information that may reside in back-up or disaster-recovery storage.
Sharing Site Content with a Friend
You may be able to share certain content from the Services with others by asking us to forward the content. To share information, we ask for the recipient's and your name and email addresses. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit our website. We store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program. We collect personal information in this way; we will use it to fulfill your request and for no other purpose.Your friend may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
The Services include customer reviews. You should be aware that any information you provide in this area may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our customer reviews, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Social Media Widgets
The Services may provide links to websites operated by third parties for your convenience and information. All of these websites and applications operate independently from us, and we do not control their privacy practices. Vitamin World does not endorse or make any representations or warranties concerning, and will not in any way be liable for, any informational content, products, services, software, or other materials available on an external website, even if one or more pages of the external website are framed within a page of this Service. Vitamin World is not responsible for the privacy practices of any external website. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party websites and applications that you use to better understand their privacy practices.
We may also use technologies, such as our own cookies, to provide you with relevant online display advertising tailored to your interests. To opt out of our cookies used for this online advertising, click here.
We maintain reasonable security procedures to help protect against loss, misuse, or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the personal information you provide through the Services.
Among other safeguards, we use Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") technology to help protect transmissions over the internet of your payment card data.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or stored on a server can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information. If you prefer to not transmit your credit card number over the internet, you can contact us using the toll-free number listed on the website from which you want to order.If you have any questions regarding security, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will notify you in the event we become aware of a security breach involving your personally identifiable information (as defined by the applicable state and federal laws) stored by or for us. By disclosing your email address or mobile telephone number to us for any reason, you expressly consent to receive electronic notice from us in the event of such a security breach.
Our Services are not directed to and not intended for persons under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without their consent, he or she should contact us via the contact details listed below. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our files.
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
- The Right to Know What Information We Have Collected, Disclosed, and Sold
- The Right to Deletion of Personal Information
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months.
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We do not sell Personal Information as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information's value and contain written terms that describe the program's material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to fulfilling the above requests. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for disclosure or deletion twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. However, we do consider requests made through your password protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to personal information associated with that specific account.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
As an additional resource, you may also contact us using the How to Contact Us section below for any additional questions related to the rights granted under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
To exercise the right to disclosure and right to deletion as described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 1 (866) 667-8977
- Emailing us at email@example.com
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
Rights of Data Subjects in the European Economic Area (EEA)
You have the following rights under the GDPR:
- To access the personal information we maintain about you
- To be provided with information about how we process your personal information
- To correct your personal information
- To have your personal information erased
- To object to or restrict how we process your personal information
- To request your personal information to be transferred to a third party
To exercise the above rights, please contact us at the information we provide below. We will consider and process your request within a reasonable period of time. Please be aware that under certain circumstances, the GDPR may limit your exercise of these rights.
How to File a Complaint
You may also contact us using the contact information provided above to be directed to the appropriate DPA contact(s).
We will consider and process your request within a reasonable period of time. Please be aware that under certain circumstances, the GDPR may limit your exercise of these rights.
We will retain your EU Personal Data for as long as your account is active, as needed to provide you services and to fulfill the purposes for which the data was collected, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations and fulfill our business needs.
Data Protection Officer
Vitamin World has appointed a Data Protection Officer to oversee our GDPR compliance efforts. You may reach the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Contact Us
Mail: Vitamin World USA Corporation
68 South Service Road, Suite 100
Melville, NY 11747