Grilled Lamb Skewers with Almond Salsa Verde
- 1 1/2 lbs lamb tenderloin, trimmed of all fat and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 cup fresh chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 Tbs fresh chives, chopped
- 1 Tbs fresh chopped mint
- 1 tsp each fresh oregano, chopped
- 3 Tbs capers, chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges and fresh mint sprigs as a garnish
- Soak bamboo or rosemary skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Place the lamb in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Toss together and let sit until you are ready to grill.
- Preheat an oven to 350ºF. Place the almonds on a baking sheet and bake until light golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Chop the almonds coarsely.
- In a bowl, stir together the almonds, parsley, chives, mint, oregano, capers, shallots, lemon zest, garlic, lemon juice, and extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Thread the lamb on the rosemary skewers, distributing evenly. Grill the lamb, turning occasionally, until the lamb is slightly firm to the touch, 6 to 8 minutes total.
- To serve, place the skewers of lamb on a platter. Spoon the salsa verde into a small bowl and place it alongside. Garnish with lemon wedges and mint sprigs and serve immediately.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.